Thursday, May 9, 2013


All my 3D animations from my second semester, using AutoDesk Maya 2013.

Just like in my 2D animation assignments, we were also assigned to animation a heavy ball and light ball.

Again we bring an inanimate object to life, meet Tommy the cube. In the third animation, I have Tommy look behind him turning to the left and right and then examine the large pillar in front of him. He's surprised after looking down and realizing how far up he is, but shakes off the fear and takes the jump. He barely makes it, but manages to grip the edge of the pillar and slightly struggles and he climbs up.

The last animation focuses on character interaction, in this case, Tommy and a ball. I animated him jumping towards it, full of curiosity looking on either side of the ball. He then proceeds ever so slightly to tap the ball, and get overly excited jumping up and down.

My teacher specifically pointed out to me that he was quite impressed with this animation, particularly because of the subtlety I portrayed when Tommy taps the ball. He said it's easier to exaggerate in animation that to achieve subtlety, and to have a first year student (who had never animated before) do that is really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment